I received B.Sc and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2004 and 2009, respectively. My current research interests include modelling and optimization techniques regarding the electric arc furnace steel recycling processes.
In 2013 he received the award for outstanding scientific achievement for the year 2011 from the Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS). In 2014 he received the award for outstanding scientific and pedagogic achievements from the University of Ljubljana.
More info on EAF modelling and simulation: EAF Simulator
More info on my research: ResearchGate
- A. Fathi, Y. Saboohi, I. Škrjanc, V. Logar. Low computational-complexity model of EAF arc-heat distribution. ISIJ International, Vol. 55, No. 7, pp. 1353 - 1360, 2015.
- T. Meier, V. Logar, T. Echterhof, I. Škrjanc, H. Pfeifer. Modelling and simulation of the melting process in electric arc furnaces - influence of numerical solution methods. Steelresearch International, Vol. 86, 2015.
- V. Logar, A. Fathi, I. Škrjanc. A computational model for heat transfer coefficient estimation in electric arc furnace. Steelresearch International, Vol. 86, 2015.
- D. Dovžan, V. Logar, I. Škrjanc. Implementation of an evolving fuzzy model (eFuMo) in a monitoring system for a waste-water treatment process. IEEE transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 1761 - 1775, 2015.
- V. Logar, D. Dovžan, I. Škrjanc. International patent: GB 2507116 B - Soft sensor for online estimation of the steel bath temperature in an electric furnace (EAF). Newport: Intellectual Property Office, 2014.
- V. Logar, Ž. Kristl, I. Škrjanc. Using a fuzzy black-box model to estimate the indoor illuminance in buildings. Energy and Buildings, Vol. 70, pp. 343 - 351, 2014.
- S. Tomažič, V. Logar, Ž. Kristl, A. Krainer, I. Škrjanc, M. Košir. Indoor-environment simulator for control design purposes. Building and environment, Vol. 70, pp. 60 - 72, 2013.
- V. Logar, I. Škrjanc. Development of an Electric Arc Furnace Simulator Considering Thermal, Chemical and Electrical Aspects. ISIJ International, Vol. 52, No. 10, pp. 1924-1926, 2012.
- V. Logar, I. Škrjanc. Modelling and validation of the radiative heat transfer in an electric arc furnace. ISIJ International, Vol. 52, No. 7, pp. 1233-1240, 2012.
- V. Logar, D. Dovžan, I. Škrjanc. Modeling and validation of an electric arc furnace: Part 2, thermo-chemistry. ISIJ International, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 414-424, 2012.
- V. Logar, D. Dovžan, I. Škrjanc. Modeling and validation of an electric arc furnace: Part 1, heat and mass transfer. ISIJ International, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 402-413, 2012.
- V. Logar, R. Karba, M. Papić, M. Atanasijević-Kunc. Artificial and real laboratory environment in an e-learning competition. Mathematics and computers in simulation, str. 1-8, 2011.
- M. Atanasijević-Kunc, V. Logar, R. Karba, M. Papić, A. Kos. Remote multivariable control design using a competition game. IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol. 54, No. 1 pp. 97-103, 2011.
- V. Logar, A. Belič. A possible use of EEG signals in a brain-computer interface. Zdravniški vestnik, Vol. 80, No. 2, pp. 92-97, 2011.
- V. Logar, D. Dovžan, I. Škrjanc. Mathematical modeling and experimental validation of an electric arc furnace. ISIJ International, Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 382-391, 2011.
- V. Logar, A. Belič. Brain-computer interface analysis od a dynamic visuo-motor task. Artificial intelligence in medicine, Vol. 51, No. 1, 2011.
- V. Logar, I. Škrjanc, A. Belič, S. Brežan, B. Koritnik, J. Zidar. Identification of the phase code in an EEG during gripping-force tasks: A possible alternative approach to the development of the brain-computer interfaces. Artificial intelligence in medicine, Volume 44, Issue 1, pp. 41-49, 2008.
- V. Logar, A. Belič, B. Koritnik, S. Brežan, J. Zidar, R. Karba, D. Matko. Using ANNs to predict a subject's response based on EEG traces. Neural Networks, Volume 21, Issue 7 pp. 881-887, 2008.
- V. Logar, I. Škrjanc, A. Belič, R. Karba, S. Brežan, B. Koritnik, J. Zidar. Gripping-force identification using EEG and phase-demodulation approach. Neuroscience Research, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 389-396, 2008.
- Grabnar I., M. Bogataj, A. Belič, V. Logar, R. Karba, A. Mrhar. Kinetic model of drug distribution in the urinary bladder wall following intravesical instillation. Int. J. of Pharmaceutics, vol. 322, no. 1-2, pp. 52-59, 2006.
[back to staff list]